Adrian

Adrian

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Water

Adrian has always loved water. He loves taking baths, going to the pool, washing his hands. I've caught him turning on the water in the tub, and trying to take a bath with his clothes on. I've caught him playing with the water in the toilet (which is why I keep the toilet clean at all times, and the door to the bathroom locked at all times). I cannot have a glass of water sitting around anywhere. Every single time he sneaks into my room he will spill the glass of water I had from the night before. There is always a wet spot somewhere on the carpet in this house. I can't just not drink water, and water bottles are not safe either. Doesn't matter if there's a lid, he'll take the lid off or figure out how to make the water come out. My poor dog cannot have water whenever he wants. His bowl is kept on the counter at all times. My dog has to ask me for water, just like he has to ask me to go out. This little obsession he has with water would be cute if it weren't for my fear of him drowning. He has no fear. Pools scare me. You have to keep your eyes on him at all times, because he WILL do everything in his power to get in that water, with or without you. You know those moms you see around a pond, or any body of water for that matter, who have their kids clothed in every sort of floating device??? Yeah, I'm going to be that mom. And while everyone else will think I'm either a freak or just way over protective... I'd rather be a freak and over protective than either reviving my son with cpr or burying him.

No comments:

Post a Comment