
Adrian was playing with his cars this morning at the kitchen table. It's his favorite place to play with his cars because it is at eye level for him and he can see the wheels spin (his favorite part). I was cleaning the kitchen when I heard him scream. It's not his frustrated scream, but his pain scream. I rush over to him and try to figure out what's wrong. I thought maybe he had pinched a finger or bumped his head. Of course, he can't tell me what hurts, or even point to what hurts. I'm looking all over, he keeps crying. I feel bad. I hug him and try to comfort him but he wants none of it. I take him to change his diaper and lay him on the floor. I take his pants off and discover blood on his left leg. I look around and can't see anything but a smear of blood. I see his pants and there is blood all over the back leg of his pants on the left side. I still can't see anything. He's still crying. I then discover the blood is coming from his right foot, on one of his toes. The skin is peeled back from the bottom of his nail. I feel so bad for him. It took me 5 minutes to figure out what was hurting him. Follow the trail of blood and I found it. I figured that he went to move the chair that was in his way and ran over his toe. The set of chairs that came with the table are on wheels. They aren't the safest thing in the world, but can't complain as we got them for free from my husband's parents. I will now be getting rid of the set because it is just too dangerous for young children. I've also caught him many times climbing on to the table from the chairs, that are inching ever so slightly away from the table. To prevent a mouth full of broken teeth, they will be gone here very soon. You can't see it from the picture so much because he was moving and it was hard for me to manually focus the camera, but his toe is very red, and swollen. If it gets worse I will take him to the doctor. He is walking around just fine. I'm assuming if it were broken he would be crying... but since he can't tell me it hurts, all I have are assumptions. I also made the assumption that he either pinched his finger or bumped his head... I was wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment