Adrian

Adrian

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shining Stars

I received a call today from Shining Stars preschool. This preschool is reported to be the best in the state. It is only for children who suffer from physical or mental disabilities, and is free for low-income families. Each classroom has no more than 8 children, and each child gets one on one time with therapists. I read on their website that they are choosing children by lottery only, but that children must be turning 4 for that school year. Well, the woman on the phone told me that since Adrian was recently diagnosed with ASD and that he will be turning 3 at the beginning of the school year, that they could get him started with an IEP! I'm excited and hopeful that they may be able to get him in the school this August! I know it will benefit him so much if he can go to this preschool. So here's to praying!!

And speaking of praying... Adrian is really sick. He had to get an IV for fluids, but the nurse was awesome and got the needle in on second poke! Just imagine 2 year old kicking and screaming while you're trying to start a line... He is still throwing up though. But, they left the line in so he doesn't have to be repoked at the doctor tomorrow for his follow up. I hate it when he's this sick, he just looks half dead :(

1 comment:

  1. YAY! this is so exciting! I think it'll be perfect for him! :]

    ReplyDelete