Adrian
Friday, April 30, 2010
Baby Steps
I always make a BIG deal when Adrian starts to do something he never did before. The past couple of days he has started doing a few things that have really surprised me and caught me way off guard. He is starting to imitate. This is a very BIG deal! Almost every time you wave at him, he will wave back. Though he mostly has it backward because he will wave his hand toward himself while watching himself... but I could care less if he has it backward... MY BABY IS WAVING!!!!!!!! My husband started working on making him high five. He said it only took a few times and now my son will do it!! My son thinks it's hilarious! I also started to notice he was taking an interest in hitting the pages of "Goodnight Moon." Every night I read him the same books, he loves it. The last book I read to him before sleep time is "Goodnight Moon." He started tapping the pages with his fingers. Then, just a couple of nights ago, he started using his index finger to tap the pages. And then, it looked almost like he was POINTING at certain things in the book! Whenever I read this book to him, I always point to the objects. After two years of this book, he's starting to understand what I'm pointing at. He doesn't point at specific objects I just named yet. But tonight, he took my hand and made me point to the socks as I was reading about them!!! So exciting these simple things are! It makes me appreciate even more every single baby step my son takes! This is such a big deal, it makes me so happy and excited! I also received the official report and diagnosis today, which is even more exciting because I have a meeting with the preschool on Monday and they need the report to get him in. With such progress at home, the possibilities for my son if he gets in the preschool are great! I still hope to hear him talking! The day he calls me mommy is the day I break down in tears of happiness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yippee!!!
ReplyDelete