Adrian

Adrian

Friday, December 24, 2010

iPad

I've heard so many great things about the ipad and how it is helping children who are non-verbal. The price for the ipad is RIDICULOUS. I'm not looking for a status symbol. I'm not one of those people who need the latest thing so I look cool while sitting at Starbucks. I just got my first mp3 player in September of 09!! I drive a 92 Accord with 205k miles and rust holes. Trust me, I'm not spending money to look sharp. All these gadgets are becoming status symbols to the wealthy and the young. They market these things out to people, basically saying anyone who's anyone has this! I don't care about all that! I don't want to read Cosmopolitan on my ipad or watch Iron Man 2 in quality HD video. I just want to help my son out in every way possible. So if I happen to find an extra $500 something in the couch cushions, I will be first in line at the Apple store the next business day. It just burns me up that there are so many people out there that want this just for the simple fact that it will help their child but it's too expensive for normal people earning normal money! Maybe one day this technology will be so available that we'll be able to afford it along with the $20 worth of soy milk my son drinks in a week... because bean juice is hard to come by apparently??? Ugh, don't get me started on the prices of groceries. So for now I will rely on the same laminated pictures that get lost, and found, and then lost again!

No comments:

Post a Comment