Adrian
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Preschool in one week!!
AHHH! I'm nervous :/ My son starts preschool in a week. It's one of those things that your child accomplishes as a milestone and it's so bittersweet. I want him to go to school. I know it will help him. But, my baby is growing up too fast :( Same thing is happening to his baby sister... she'll be one in a month and a half! He will be turning 3 this coming Wednesday. It's too much at once! Birthdays and first days at preschool!! Oh, and his first dentist appointment on the 23rd. It's all one big ball of craziness. Maybe this is why I've been having trouble going to sleep. All these big things coming up all at once. My brother is also going to be getting married, maybe this spring. It will either be Ohio or Tennessee. All I know is this... two children, 1,500 miles, autism... yeah. A trip on AMTRAK or however you spell it will be the way we go. There is no way on God's green earth that my son will sit still on a plane for longer than half an hour without screaming. The passengers will start complaining then we will be diverted to some city somewhere and be escorted off the plane. You'd see the story on CNN or something. Um, yeah, no thanks. Craziness... pure craziness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey lady! I haven't been around much because we moved and we don't have Internet. I'm going on the Internet for a few mins. at my son's ABA therapy office. Did Adrian start school yesterday? How is it going? Is it a full day or half day? What services will he get there? What type of class is it? Fritz starts school next Monday! I can't believe it. Let's stay in touch, even if it's few and far between. My thoughts are with you. Maybe one day our boys will go to college together! :)
ReplyDeleteHey! He starts school tomorrow (Thursday the 19th). The school failed to tell me that because he has allergies, I had to have a form signed by the doctor. He missed the first day of school on Tuesday because of that. I was pretty irritated. He will be in the autism classroom with one set of twin boys. So, there will be three boys and two teachers! I'm excited! He will be going from 8-11am four days a week. He will receive speech therapy and occupational therapy there, along with teaching him how to use PECS. I'll try to update with a new blog post either tomorrow or Friday about his first days :)
ReplyDelete