Adrian

Adrian

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pointing and Peek-a-boo

Adrian started playing peek-a-boo with his hands. He knows how to play PAB with a blanket, but never has he used his hands. I was trying to teach my 10 month old daughter what PAB is all about, and she doesn't really care much for it. My son, however, will randomly come up to me now, cover his eyes with his hands, and then fling them open with this huge smile on his face just waiting for me to say BOO! He thinks it's hilarious :) Onward to breakfast Friday morning... his music player was on the floor under the dining room table. I accidentally hit it with my foot and the music went off. He started looking all around for it, and finally looked under the table and saw it. Now, when I wake up in the morning, I'm not all there. It takes a while for my brain to work and for the caffeine to kick in and do its thing. In my groggy state, I saw his finger pointing under the table. But as soon as I realized it, he went off screaming and covering his ears because his sister was annoying him with her lovely screaming. I didn't have the time to react to it, and tried to get him to do it again, but he was too distracted by his sister. Fast forward to that night. I'm sitting at the table at dinner time with my husband present. I am feeding my daughter some apple sauce. My son sees it and wants some, so I let him have some. I start to tell my husband about what I thought I saw that morning. Right after I finished I saw Adrian pointing again. He kept doing it for an extended period of time. He wasn't pointing directly at the apple sauce though. Now it is Saturday night, and I have yet to see him do it again. My son will point to things in a book, but I have never seen him sitting in a chair and just point in the air while not touching something with his finger. When he points to a balloon in a book, he always touches it with his finger. It's just another small bit of progress. It's all about the little things...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I bet you'll see more and more of those little things. Then I bet you'll start to see some big things!

    ReplyDelete